Kitchener Community School is pleased to introduce a new, free reading service providing digital books through the Overdrive Website or Sora, the student reading app. This e-library is available for all Kitchener students from Kindergarten to Grade 8. All students need to do to access this library is visit the Overdrive website or download the app and then use their division username (firstname.lastname) and password to login.
Why Overdrive and Sora?
The collection of titles in Overdrive and Sora is an extension of Kitchener School’s physical library, allowing 24/7 access to ebooks, audiobooks and read along books. It’s convenient for students to check out titles at home with no worry about misplacing a book or running up late fees – these digital titles automatically return at the end of the lending period!
To read a book online, through a web browser, students can go to the Overdrive website at https://saskschoolsca.libraryreserve.com/10/45/en/SignIn.htm?url=Default.htm and then choose Regina Public Schools from the drop down menu. Students can then sign in using their RBE username (do not add @rbe.sk.ca) and password.
This app allows students to read books offline. Students can download the books to a device when they are connected to Wi-Fi and can then read the book on their device without using data. To access books this way students should download the free Sora app from the Apple App store or Google Play Store.
- Choose the Find My School option.
- You will be taken to a screen that contains a search bar. Type Saskatchewan Schools into the search bar.
- Choose This is My School and then choose Regina Public Schools from the drop down bar. You may have to scroll through several school division names to reach the Regina Public Schools choice.
- Students can then sign in using their RBE username (do not add @rbe.sk.ca) and password.
- Enjoy books anytime, anywhere on a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Where can I find more information?
For a preview of the Sora app you can watch this video
If students do not know their division username or password they can contact their classroom teacher to get it.
If you have any questions, concerns or comments about this new service please feel free to email our teacher-librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org.